Welcome to the latest Commissioners Poll, and first of this Spring season! We welcome our two new commissioners, Rudy and Kiko, who also voted on this poll! Since Rudy only plays in Cutler Bay and Tropical Park, he only voted for teams that played in Tropical Park and Cutler Bay, while Kiko, since he only plays in Pines at Miami Lakes, only voted for teams up north. More teams received a vote for the poll than in any of our previous 32 polls ever written (20 total teams received votes), so how did it all shake out? Read more to find out!
This week’s poll was written by Rene Medina, and only factors in results through May 4, 2017. Just for fun, and with the hope that my favorite nameless commissioner takes the time to read this poll (he won’t, unless someone tells him to read it), I’ve decided to summarize each team in 5 words or less.
- La Familia (40 points; 4 first place votes): Are they still dominant?
- Sit On My Base (32 points): Quite possibly La Familia’s kryptonite.
- Dye Pitch (31 points): Runaway favorite at Pines?
- Back to Black (tied for 3rd with Dye Pitch at 31 points… programming software has won’t give us a 3a and 3b, so I placed them 4th because that’s where I voted them): Is black really cursed?
- Free Balling (29 points): Gio’s best chance to win.
- Yellow Team (21 points): Serious contenders at Tropical Park.
- Black is Back (19 points): Jose, I wrote about you.
- Win or Lose, We Still Booze (14 points): Should be higher in standings.
- Blue Balls (11 points): Mellow Akins equals better team.
- The Other Guys (10 points): Cool name. Are they legit?
Other receiving votes:
Saved by the Balls (6 points); Yo Momma Can’t Pitch (6 points); Opa Locka Goonz (5 points); Ballseros (5 points); Jäger Bombers (4 points); Yellow Fever (4 points); Pata Sucias (3 points); Homestead Homers (2 points); Ballbarians (1 point); All My Pitches Love Me (1 point).
Quick Reminder on How the Poll Works: Once both leagues have played at least 2 games each, the Commissioners each cast an anonymous ballot for the teams that they think are the top 10 in K.O.A.L.A. Kickball across our Miami Lakes and Tropical Park Leagues. The first ranked team in each ballot gets 10 points, the second ranked team in each ballot gets 9 points, and so forth all the way to the tenth ranked team in each ballot, which gets 1 point. The points that each team gets from each ballot are added up, and then the 10 teams with the highest total number of points are declared the Top 10 in the Commissioner’s Poll. If there’s a tie for points, then the team with the most number of Commissioners voting it higher than the team they tied will receive the higher position. Remember that this poll does not affect standings or playoff seeding in any way; it’s only for fun!