The Commissioners unanimously agree on the best team in all of K.O.A.L.A. Kickball. The rest of the rankings? Not so much. This week, “The Kickball Expert” provides his in-depth commentary on each of the Top 10 teams at Koala Kickball.
1. Pitch Please (3 out of 3 first place votes; previously 2nd) – 30 points. They don’t have to ask to be ranked #1 anymore after walking of the field last week. Last game: W (Pitch Please 2, Pitches Be Trippin 1).
2. Prestige Worldwide (previously 3rd) – 24 points. Aside from the nerf dart stuck in their side, they are back to showing their greatness league wide. They showed us that they know how to take out the garbage. Last game: W (Prestige Worldwide 10, Wasted Potential 1).
2. Pitches Be Trippin (previously 1st) – 24 points. Tripping hurts, especially when you got one out to go. But these pitches won’t do it often. Last game: L (Pitch Please 2, Pitches Be Trippin 1).
4. We Got the Juice (previously 3rd) – 23 points. They showed the league that they are the real team who can keep pumping in the victories. It’s going to take a failed drug test to catch them cheating or a proven opponent to have a chance at stopping them. Last game: W (We Got the Juice 4, Team Jacked 0).
5. Nerf Ninjas (previously 5th) – 19 points. They had a near scare last week with all the thunder, but there isn’t enough lighting or prestige at tropical to keep them down under. Last game: W (Nerf Ninjas 8, Thunder Down Under 7).
6. 2 Legit to Quit – (previously 6th) – 14 points. They are going to have a tough time waking up after last week’s tight loss, but they are here to stay. Maybe if they consider putting another number in their name? Last game: L (Morning Kick 3, 2 Legit to Quit 2).
7. Morning Kick (previously 7th) – 13 points. Morning Kick sprung to a strong start last week and showed they could be legit but they didn’t know the wind was blowing way too much for them to get them any higher on these rankings. Last game: W (Morning Kick 3, 2 Legit to Quit 2); L (Pitch You Don’t Know Me 14, Morning Kick 7).
8. Hotline Swing (previously 9th) – 8 points. Good swinging kicked the sons of pitches away for them. We’ll find out this week if they can handle the thunder. Last game: W (Hotline Swing 8, Sons of Pitches 2).
9. Team Jacked (previously 9th) – 5 points. They got out muscled by another tough opponent. It’s safe to say they are not juicing, but they still have some guns. Last game: L (We Got the Juice 4, Team Jacked 0).
10. Wasted Potential (previously 8th) – 3 points. Despite last week’s devastating loss they haven’t retired. Maybe next week another team can win and this rank will be put to better use. But let’s be honest: they do have potential. Last game: L (Prestige Worldwide 10, Wasted Potential 1). Others Receiving Votes: Sons of Pitches (1 point), Thunder Down Under (1 point).
Quick Reminder on How the Poll Works:
Once both leagues have played at least 2 games each, the Commissioners each cast an anonymous ballot for the teams that they think are the top 10 in K.O.A.L.A. Kickball across our Miami Lakes and Tropical Park Leagues. The first ranked team in each ballot gets 10 points, the second ranked team in each ballot gets 9 points, and so forth all the way to the tenth ranked team in each ballot, which gets 1 point. The points that each team gets from each ballot are added up, and then the 10 teams with the highest total number of points are declared the Top 10 in the Commissioner’s Poll. Remember that this poll does not affect standings or playoff seeding in any way; it’s only for fun!