How does the Commissioners Poll work? Once both leagues have played at least 2 games each, the Commissioners each cast an anonymous ballot for the teams that they think are the top 10 in K.O.A.L.A. Kickball across our Miami Lakes and Tropical Park Leagues. The first ranked team in each ballot gets 10 points, the second ranked team in each ballot gets 9 points, and so forth all the way to the tenth ranked team in each ballot, which gets 1 point. The points that each team gets from each ballot are added up, and then the 10 teams with the highest total number of points are declared the Top 10 in the Commissioner’s Poll. Remember that this poll does not affect standings or playoff seeding in any way; it’s only for fun!
Here are our first ever Commissioner’s Poll results, with a small blurb written each week by Commissioner Jason Oliver explaining the thoughts of the Commissioners:
1. Pitches Be Trippin (2 first place votes) – 29 points. Contrary to their name, this sophomore team has done anything but trip. They are looking like the team to beat between both Koala Leagues.
2. Pitch Please – (1 first place vote) – 27 points. Don’t count out the resilient defending champs, Pitch Please! However, intimidating costumes and narrow victories may not be enough if they want to bring home another trophy.
3. We Got The Juice – 22 points. They have a reputation for winning games but we are still waiting to see if they have enough juice to win it all.
3. Prestige Worldwide – 22 points. With a good mix of experience and talent they look like the best team on paper, but with a loss to rival Nerf Ninjas they are not living up to the prestige.
5. Nerf Ninjas – 18 points. Blasting kicks into gaps, this sketchy team has slipped into the top 5 with walk up songs for all their kickers and sneaky good play.
6. 2 Legit to Quit – 16 points. We don’t know much about this team except that they are not going to quit. We are still looking for a victory against a top ranked opponent to find out if they are legit.
7. Morning Kick – 13 points. Despite the lights going out on them on a tight game against Juice, we can say they have been showing some rays of sunshine. We still are not sure how bright their team is, though.
8. Wasted Potential – 8 points. Enough said. Amazon warriors and elder leadership will hop them along.
9. Team Jacked – 5 points. This team has pumped their way into the top 10. A lot of talk here but will they even show up?
9. Hotline Swing – 5 points. If enough calls go their way we could see them move up the rankings.